JUCCCE creates a livable China. China’s growing population needs new ways to move from survivability to livability to thrivability within the limits of planetary health. JUCCCE helps people pursue this China Dream by reimagining prosperity to humanize sustainability and transform desire.
After three years of co-creation workshops and consulting with behavior change experts, the China Dream (or "Harmonious Happy Dream 和悦梦想" in Chinese) is defined as:
HOW YOU CAN HELP
To make the China Dream come alive, we need to build a coalition of volunteers and organizations to help visualize, brand, and activate the China Dream.
City partners to pilot policy nudges
Creatives to help define the visual lexicon of the China Dream
Scriptwriters, media partners, ad agencies and bloggers to help activate the China Dream imagery
Consumer-facing companies to second staff to share practices for nudging behavior at store and package levels
To learn more about the UK Dream spinoff of China Dream, please see www.ukdream.org.
- New York Times. Thomas Friedman op-ed. "Too Big to Breathe?" November 6, 2013
- Hear JUCCCE Chair Peggy Liu explain the China Dream at EnsiaLive Mar 2013
- Harpers Bazaar China April 2013. A 6 page layout in a cover story on women role models "不做女强人, 只做强女人" features YGL Stone Soup, JUCCCE's China Dream sustainable lifestyle, women role model
- Architectural Digest April 2013. A 1 page in a special Green issue cover story "可持续的好生活" mentions JUCCCE's China Dream - harmonious happy community design- and chairperson Peggy Liu
- Huffington Post "Sustainability Needs to Move From Gloom to Hope" by Peggy Liu. Mar 27, 2013
- Ensia "Sustainability is Dead" by Peggy Liu, Mar 22, 2013
- Society and Welfare Feb 2013. On workshop on at Beijing Jing Tai Art Museum.
- Oriental Outlook 《东方周刊》 , Nov 15, 2012. Cover feature: 中国梦 China Dream
- Madame Figaro 《费加罗》, Nov 2012. Cover mention: "Special Report: Top Life awards" “美丽人生TOP LIFE 年度盛典获奖人刘佩琪”. Video here.
- The Guardian, Oct 24, 2012. "Building a vision of the Chinese dream"
- Vogue China, Sept 2012. Cover mention: "Powerful Women Who Better the World" "改善世界”的卓越女性"
- China Business News 《第一财经周刊》. Cover mention: "Top 50 Innovative Leaders" 聚思主席刘佩琪当选 “2012中国商业创新50人"
- New York Times. Tom Friedman op-ed. "China Needs Its Own Dream" October 2, 2012
- Green Mondays
- Solutions Journal, special issue for UN Rio + 20, June 2012. "Sustainable Consumerism Begins in China"
- The Guardian "China dream: a lifestyle movement with sustainability at its heart" Wed 13 June 2012
- Criticaleye "China’s Push for Sustainability" June 2012
- Dutch newspaper Trouw. "De schone Chinese droom van Peggy Liu" May 2012,
- German newspaper Die Welt. "Peggy Liu ist die Heldin der Umwelt aus Shanghai" March 27 2012
- Urban China Initiative awards grants for research on China Urbanization 2011, "Consumerist China: Is it sustainable?"
- Climate Spectator
- "China's Green Goddess", The Diplomat.
1st open-source workshop outside China ‘UK Dream’ reframing sustainability language (London) Mar 7 2013
- Saatchi S workshop (London) Jul 4, 2012
- Tongji U ‘Our City’ workshop (Shanghai) Jul 27, 2012
- Presentation of 7 initial policy recommendations and Ogilvy policy video teaser at JUCCCE mayoral training Oct 2012
- Ogilvy ‘Health & Wellness’ workshop (Shanghai) Nov 3, 2012
- Edelman ‘Culture & Style’ workshop at Jintai Art Museum (Beijing) Dec 15, 2012
- Tongji U Sino-Finnish Center class presentations on metro-centered living: ‘Our City’ & ‘Sustainable Design’ classes Dec 20, 2012
- Augmentum's 和悦社区 application beta launch Jan 2013
- Wujie ‘Food & Nutrition in Restaurants’ workshop (Shanghai) Jan 27, 2013
- Unilever's Dove & Watsons workshop (Guangzhou) Apr 3, 2013
- Scriptwriters workshop May 2013
- "What is China Dream" class at Shanghai Jiaotong U Arts and Humanities Ins
This project is co-chaired by Shanghai Jiaotong University Arts & Humanites Institute and JUCCCE, and is funded in part by the Urban China Initiative, a partnership between Columbia University, The School of Public Policy and Management of Tsinghua University and McKinsey & Company.
We're also grateful for the support of Elizabeth Riley fellowship, Dennis and Connie Keller fellowship, Don Dixon fellowship.
These passionate team of contributors across sectors and around the world have made the JUCCCE China Dream possible.
Miranda Ballentine, Henry Barmeier, Marc Bolland, Julian Borra, danah Boyd, Rahul Burman, Steven Cao, Ben Cavender, Cliff Champion, Elizabeth Chan, Christine Chen, David Cheng 成啸, Sean Cleary, Paul Dien, Bob Elton, Mark Evans, Lyndsey Garcia, Karl Gerth, Richard Gilles, Minji Gwak, Godert van Hardenbroek, Patric Hennigan, Cheryl Hicks, Julian Himes, Richard Hsu, Jared Huke, Eileen Hur, Lucy Huang, Jessica Jinn, Jared Huke, Jane Kendall, Gail Klintworth, Adam Knight, Sarah Kochling, Steve Kohn, Kaiser Kuo, Peter Lacy, Angus Li, Nancy Li, Cheng Lin, John Liu, Julia Liu, Kang Liu, Leonard Liu, Peggy Liu, Yangmingxi Ma, Neville Mars, Tatsuo Masuda, Charlie Mathews, Espen Mehlum, Dana Miller, Zhao Xue Ming, Olivier Oullier, Kevin Osborne, Dan Pei, Jonathan Porritt, Chen Qian, Maria Rabinovich, Florian Reber, Shaun Rein, Nial Rele, Bradford Richardson, James Roy, Jonah Sachs, Guowei Shou, Kunal Sinha, Tom Song, Scott Spirit, Dejan Sundic, Nina Trentmann, Burcu Tuncer, Vijay Vaitheeswaran, Ray Wang, Lord Nat Wei, Wei Wei, Adam Werbach, Lisa Witter, Jonathan Woetzel, Vicky Grinnell-Wright, Anson Wu, Yan Nailing, Prem Varatharajan, Helen Wang, Dr. Ping Wang, Ruru Wang, Isabella Wenschler, Cole Wheeler, Eva Xie, Mengyi Xu, Phoebus Xu, Gao Yan, Van Yang, Alex Yang, Dr. Zhenlin Yang, Karl Yoder, Henry Yuan, Su Yunsheng, Matthew Zedler, Mei Mei Zeprun, David Zhang, Gengtian Zhang Junjie Zhang, Keiss Zhang, Xueming Zhao, Chenyu Zheng, Ye Zhi, Ping Zhou, Manuela Zoninsein.
Also to our friends at: