Please join JUCCCE in greening China and creating a healthier world
- A Green China = A healthy world. No other problem is as vital to our collective well being as ensuring a sustainable Earth.
- The JUCCCE family is made of exceptional people and has big goals. We hope you will join us on this extraordinary, inspiring journey.
- You can make a difference by leveraing the power of the JUCCCE platform. In China, individuals can have tremendous impact.
- Learn from JUCCCE's innovative way of working, which is being codified in Stone Soup Global Leadership model.
- part-time help
- corporate in-kind support
- summer internships (2 months or longer)
- winter internships (3 months or longer)
- in-class projects
- and Executives-in-Residence (for GM, VP, C-level executives looking to transition)
- Policy research
- activating China social media campaigns
- creating a visual definition of the China Dream
2. www.juccce.org/stonesoup. New collaborative leadership model launched at Davos 2011 with the Young Global Leaders.
- Website maintenance
- Video editing
- Filming of new Stone Soup Leaders and their stories
- Creating case studies for in-school learning
3. www.juccce.org/ecoheritage. Catalyzing ecotourism in China as win-win for mayors in creating local jobs and protecting the environment.
- We need help codifying best practices and case studies that can be localized to China. This can involve contacting locations for source material.
- We need video clip searches, video editing.
4. www.juccce.org/mayoraltraining. Bringing best practices from around the world to inspire Chinese mayors and central bureau heads in sustainable urbanization topics.
- Ongoing needs to create video case studies, translation.
- If you are an expert and lecturer in Chinese in a sustainability expert, let us know.
5. www.juccce.org/eating. Integrating healthy eating with diets that are low impact on the Earth, and Traditional Chinese Medicine concepts
- Creating a year-long food curriculum for 5th graders.
6. Ongoing English to Chinese translation help needed.
7. Ongoing photography and videography for events.
8. Ongoing visual design help needed.
9. Ongoing video editing help needed.
10. Ongoing help managing our contact database.
- Not all tasks require energy expertise. There is a wide range of talents we are seeking.
- native Chinese language skills are great, but not necessary for all positions
- For students, prior internship experience is mandatory.
- We're looking for over-achieving, well-rounded, smiley people with the ability to self-manage, and a passion for changing the world.
- Strong project management and convening skills
- The ability to work on something that will make a real impact in China and on the world
- Interaction with some of our key advisors who are all top of their field
- Close interactions with JUCCCE executives
- Possible future inclusion in JUCCCE VIP events as deserved
- Recommendations letters, as makes sense
- Public recognition of published contributions on the Blueprint
- Build your resume with a well-known non-profit organization in a hot space
- Recognition on our JUCCCE.com website
- Opportunity to continue working with JUCCCE after your internship as it makes sense
- This summer we hope to setup a feature where JUCCCE volunteers can post their resumes on the JUCCCE Energy Blueprint, making it easier for employers to find you
- Companies and schools who work with us can have their logos included on our home page and listed in our partners page
- Harvard student: Helped plan the kick-off for the JUCCCE China Smart Grid Cooperative and participated in weekly calls with Duke Energy executives. Went to Clinton Global Initiative 2008 with me as a Smart Grid colleague.
- Yale student: Helped to revamp our entire JUCCCE.com website and write grant proposals which have been repurposed frequently since. Went to our JUCCCE China Energy Forum and JUCCCE China Smart Grid workshop in November. Helped to come up with the Green Hero mobile campaign idea and plan.
- Tuck student: Setup our Salesforce and email internal IT infrastructure. Interned for one year and received a recommendation for Tuck.
- Duke student: Rallied 19 Chinese volunteers and managed them to help with translations over the summer. Is returning next summer to intern with JUCCCE.
- U Michigan student: Helped launch China's first smart grid business hub, in Yangzhou- now one of China's 15 smart grid pilots.
- Dartmouth student: Helped draft Climate Resilient City Design course curriculum by convening JUCCCE partners from around the world.
Other schools where students have joined us for 2 month volunteer summer internships, or class projects:
China European International Business School, Columbia University, Dartmouth, Duke, Fudan, Harvard, Harvard Business School, Harvard College, Imperial College, London School of Economics, MIT, NYU, Peking University, Princeton, RPI, Stanford, Stanford Business School, Tuck, University of California at Berkeley, University of Michigan Ford School, University of Michigan ERB School, University of San Diego IR/PS, Yale.
Email <firstname.lastname@example.org> to apply.
- A company executive who wants to take a sabbatical to rejuvenate, before returning to his/her company.
- An executive looking to transition into the clean energy industry, wanting a credible platform from which he/she can launch a new career.
- An executive looking to take a break between jobs, while working on projects with meaningful social impact.
- An executive who wants to do something meaningful while maintaining a flexible work schedule.
- A trailing spouse who wants to get back into the workforce and make an impact, while having a flexible schedule.